- Small Text
- Regular Text
- Big Text
Events and training
We run conferences and events for professionals working with young carers and their families across the country and in Hampshire. We also provide bespoke training and support.
For more information about our events and trainings please contact us.
Making a step change for Young Carers and their Families: Prevention, Intervention and Partnership
Capacity Building Days
Funded by the Department for Education, Carers Trust and The Children’s Society are running eight FREE events nationally that build on the success of their previous programmes; Building the Practice: Building the Evidence and Prevention through Partnership (PTP). These events will provide attendees with the opportunity to:
- Strengthen understanding of importance of whole family working linked to current and emerging guidance.
- Improve understanding and engagement with hidden groups
- Improve joint working: using the content of 2012 Memorandum of Understanding, 2010 HMG carers’ strategy and TLAP to help build local models of practice and next steps for whole family approach.
- Be updated on the latest guidance and legislation and more
“successful local partnerships depend on the building of constructive relationships and a shared vision around what we are trying to do”
Working Together To Support Young Carers And Their Families: A Template for a Local Memorandum of Understanding [MoU] between Statutory Directors for Children’s Services and Adult Social Services, 2012
Who should attend:-
The events will prove invaluable for Practitioners and Managers involved in
- Adult social care, including mental health teams and DAAT
- Children’s Services
- Education Professionals
- Health (inc public Health) and Housing
- Voluntary sector professionals working with young carers and families
We have two more capacity building events planned in England for 2013-14
• Plymouth - 28th January 2014: Holiday Inn Plymouth, Armada Way, Plymouth, PL1 2HJ
• Brighton - 4th February 2014: Brighton Racecourse & Conference Centre, Freshfield Road, Brighton, BN2 9XZ
(These events will run from 10am until 4pm, with a basic lunch included)
Funded by the Department for Education, Carers Trust and The Children’s Society are running eight FREE specialist training days nationally with spaces limited to 40, to provide you with the extra knowledge you need to work effectively to reach out and engage with hidden young carers and their families.
These training days are for professionals from all agencies across Adult Services and Children’s Services including Health, Education, Housing and the voluntary sector that may come into contact with young carers and their families.
These bespoke training days will prove invaluable to both practitioners and managers across services and are designed to increase awareness, to include updates on current guidance, legislation and to share information, resources and good practice examples emerging from both local and national evidence.
For a booking form, please contact us
• Cultural Inclusivity for Young Carers and their Families – Bristol 27th February 2014; EEF Engineers CC, The Promenade, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 3NB
• Young Carers in families affected by substance misuse – Birmingham 5th March 2014; Conference Aston – Management Centre, Aston Business Conference Centre, Aston Triangle, Birmingham, BS8 3NB
• Young Carers in families affected by HIV – Liverpool 20th March 2014; Gateway Conference Centre, 71 London Road, Liverpool, L3 8HY
Young carers celebrate as children’s minister announces million pound funding boost
Young carers from across England are celebrating news of a £1.2 million funding boost to improve local support for young carers and their families. Yesterday’s announcement (Tuesday 26 February) by Edward Timpson MP, Minister for Children and Families, comes as 30 children, whose daily lives are dramatically affected by caring for family members, met with professionals to celebrate the achievements of an innovative young carer project. Find out more on The Children's Society or Carers Trust websites.
How to attend an event
To register your interest or to request an invitation is sent to your manager or commission, please contact us.
The Children's Society © 2013. All rights reserved. Charity Registration No. 221124