- Small Text
- Regular Text
- Big Text
- Key Principles of Practice: Supportive practice guidance for those who work directly with,
or commission services for, young carers and their families. Frank, J. and McLarnon, J. (The Children's Society 2008)
- Making it Work: Good practice with young carers and their families. Frank, J. The Children's Society 2002 (in Partnership with The Princess Royal Trust for Carers).
- Making it Work Volume 2: Resources for work with young carers and their families. Kendall, A. The Children's Society 2002 (in partnership with The Princess Royal Trust for Carers).
- Young Carers in the UK the 2004 Report: Dearden, C., Becker, S. Young carers research group, Loughborough University, Carers UK and The Children's Society
- On Small Shoulders: Learning from the. Experiences of Former Young Carers
- Couldn't Care More: A Study of Young Carers and their Needs
Young Carers, parents and their families: Key Principles of Practice, Jenny Frank and Julie McLarnon, The Children’s Society (order form - Cost £15 (+p&p)
Supporting pupils who are young carers - Information for teachers and school staff.
Supporting pupils with substance misusing parents - Information for teachers and school staff.
Supporting young carers and their families - Information for health care professionals.
Supporting children who have a parent with a mental illness - Information for professionals
Supporting refugee young carers and their families - Information for all practitioners
Supporting young carers in families with HIV - Information for HIV professionals
Supporting Young Carers and their Families - Information for Adults Services
Supporting Young Carers and their Families - Information for Children's Services
Working with young people in trouble with the law: focusing on young carers - Information for professionals in youth justice, community safety teams and the police
Parent Disability - Find Out More - Support and advice if you have a parent with a disability or illness
Sibling Disability - Find Out More - Support and advice if you have a brother or sister with a disability
Supporting Young Carers - Information for Peer Mentors
Schools Notice Board Pack - containing a Schools Notice Board Poster to inform students of their local young carers support network, a Leaflet outlining how to implement this resource, a Staff Notice Board Poster and the National Resources List to add to and update your notice board
GP’s Information Pack - containing a ‘quick checklist for supporting and signposting young carers', a poster for the GP’s waiting room, a poster for the staff room and a Supporting young carers— Information for health professionals leaflet.
Listening to Young Carers’ DVD Pack, a DVD containing chapters where young carers talk about common issues that face them, a useful tool for all agencies working with young carers and their families. Costs £12 (Order Form).
The Whole Family Pathway, an online information and signposting resource for all professionals working with young carers and their families. Developed in partnership with The Princess Royal Trust for Carers and Disabled Parents Network.
The Children's Society © 2013. All rights reserved. Charity Registration No. 221124